Instagram is one of the top 5 social media platforms today. If you are starting a new business online, you must consider this platform as one of the best places to brand yourself.
But to get started, you must know a few Instagram marketing strategies to make sure you float above the competition. Today we’re going to discuss just those.
Here are six ways to get your business popular on this fantastic photo sharing site.
1. Turn Your Visuals Into Eye Candy
Instagram is all about attractive visuals and content. People scroll through thousands of posts each day but only stop at the ones that attract them. So you need to understand that your photographs should engage your target audience while being brand driven.
Unique and exciting photos and videos get a lot of engagement, especially animated ones. You need to consider these photos like a billboard campaign. Just how you will choose attractive and elegant forms of advertising there, you should consider the same for your Instagram posts.
Scroll through some popular feeds with thousands of likes and views, and you will quickly understand why these brands drive engagement. You can edit your photos into attractive layouts and designs through editing tools like Afterlight, which has 75 filters, 15 adjustment tools, 78 textures and 128 frames. You can also go for Canva which has more than 1 million images, thousands of fonts, frames and icons for you to use. Remember, aesthetics are the most valued part of Instagram posts!
2. Be Current With Instagram Trends & Changes
All social media platforms change regularly, and so does Instagram. You need to keep track of the latest updates and features, so you remain in trend in your viewers’ eyes. Apart from boomerangs, some of the significant trends are- 60-second videos, Instagram stories and its stamps, multiple images in one post and live video sharing.
Instagram has newly added a feature that allows you to track the number of people who save your posts. This can help you understand what kind of posts people like and want to view.
3. Post Content Your Audience Wants
Like we mentioned above, you should have a clear idea of what you want to show your audience and what sort of content gets high engagement from them. Otherwise, your company will seem to have a vague and confusing presence on the social media platform.
Remember to advertise your company but also remember that your followers matter the most. Have a steady concept and run brilliant campaigns on it.
4. Get Your Audience to Participate
This photo sharing platform is not just one-way communication. If you want to get more engagement from the audience, you will have to involve the audience. Here’s how you can do it.
- Hold contests: engage your followers in a quiz or a contest of your choice and involve them in your latest happenings. They will feel more attached to your brand. Read here the 7 types of contests you can hold on social media.
- Post user-generated photos: people tag you in their images because they acknowledge and love your brand. Return them that favor by posting some of your favorite pictures on your wall. This will bring you massive engagement.
- Post from different locations: When you post pictures from different cities, people living in those cities get excited about such posts because they are genuinely interested in what your company is doing in their city. Re-gramming can give a spark to more engagement as well!
5. Post Regularly & During Optimal Times
Make sure you are consistent with your Instagram posts. Post regularly to remind people of your existence and that you are a great brand that comes up with new engaging content every day. Also, pick out the correct days and time when you receive the highest engagement and post accordingly.
When you are present on the screen every time a person check their phone, they will start developing brand loyalty, which is a win-win situation for you.
6. Don’t Dismiss Instagram Analytics
We have told you to post during the days and time when you get the highest engagement but how could you do so?
There are various Instagram analytic tools like Onlypult that allow you to understand the best time to post, best days to post, monitor the trends, measure audience engagement, etc.
Analytics tell you what is working for your Instagram account and what needs improvement. Over time, you will be able to understand and measure your performance.
Thus, now that you know how your business can get popular on Instagram, get started today. However, as a business owner, you might find it difficult to maintain your social media accounts on your own.
If that’s the case, come check out what Socinova can do for you!