Social media is one of the most important aspects of today’s marketing strategy. Despite having tried a hundred different tips to rule over social media, if you are still failing, we are here to save you. Even though the numbers of likes and followers are important, the credibility of your brand depends on other elements too.
Today, social media marketing requires constant improvement which you have to abide by, to stay on top of the game. So to help you out, we present to you the seven basic and only essential elements of social media marketing for 2018.
1. Start using chatbots.
You may have heard a lot about chatbots and should take a serious interest in them. These are obviously appreciated by the business owners since they resolve most of the lead generation/customer service problems via a digital medium, without human interference. Chatbots are generally a more convenient and comfortable option for consumer interactions. Platforms like collect.chat make the use of AI-powered chatbots an easy option for both, you and your consumers.
2. Create a community for your audience.
A higher number of followers is not the only thing you should focus on. You need to show your audience that you care and want to communicate with them at all times. The best way for that is to integrate a personality of your brand through your content. For example, reflect humor, sarcasm, romanticism, etc. via posts. Social media is all about going viral with the trends, and consumers love that. You can interact with them in different ways to build a sense of community:
- Questionnaires about your brand/product/service.
- Gather their opinions.
- Sharing newsworthy information like a product launch or new updates via live streaming.
- Showing interests in their posts by liking them now and then.
- Being open to social comments.
3. Jazz up your profiles with diverse content.
Your target audience will respond to anything that interests them. They will engage in content that is trendy. So upload some fun videos & podcasts or live stream company updates once in a while. This will upgrade the content of your brand, leaving consumers with something for everyone. Be sure to upload content that is universally attractive for all age groups as well.
4. Use brand advocates.
The best promotional tool for a company are the people who already use and love the products. So instead of focusing all your efforts to find new consumers, leverage the current ones. You can also take help from your employees in promoting your company.
- Create social media guidelines detailed to your brand.
- Tell your advocates about what to do and what not to do on social media.
- Track the correct data and concentrate on areas that need improvement and those that are doing well.
5. Create profiles on relevant channels.
Today, creating a profile on every social media channel is no biggie! Yes, the aim is to reach as many people as possible, but without proper targeting your social media marketing efforts won’t be fruitful. For example, if you are launching a gothic clothing line, you should target Instagram and not LinkedIn. Focus on relevancy.
6. Establish a social media budget.
One of the most important factors for any kind of marketing is the budget. Allocate the right budget for each social media platform for a particular period. It will help you to hit the right target audience cost-effectively. 2018 is going to be pay to play, so you must have the right budget in place to achieve the best results.
7. Live streaming is the way to go!
Yes, your content will be incredibly compelling, but why not amplify the whole experience by sharing your current situation in real time? Facebook and Instagram are the two most popular live streaming social media platforms today.
- Show your audience that you are more than just a profit gaining company.
- Engage and inspire your potential customers.
- Make your content shareable and memorable.
Become the king of your business via social media in 2018 through these bull’s eye tips! If you need help with executing your wonderful ideas, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!