Social media has become an increasingly important part of our lives. Almost every aspect of our lives, be it personal or professional is influenced either directly or indirectly by social media. Business is no exception to this rule. Social media can play a crucial role in promoting small businesses.
Social media is not only a marketing tool but also a medium for lead generation, brand awareness as well as engagement, and customer support. Social media goals matter a lot. In fact, setting goals on social media is something that marketers can’t afford to do without. The reasons are as follows:
- Goals hold you accountable and help you point out the specific steps and actions you are taking to meet your business ends.
- Goals guide your budget and help you determine the amount you need to spend in order to see results.
- Goals encourage marketers to engage with a data-driven approach to social media. This helps them understand what’s moving in terms of clicks, engagements, and revenue.
When it comes to using social media to promote business, it is imperative to have a set of targets or goals. Without goals or targets, you run the risk of becoming directionless and clueless as far as the performance of your social media is concerned.
So, on that note, here are some super-effective social media goals that can help your business get the bang for the buck.
1. Divert Traffic to Your Website
It is important to direct visitors who have the potential to turn into customers, to your website. Traffic to your website can be measured using the following pointers:
- Overall traffic share – What percentage of your overall traffic is from social media?
- Social media traffic – What is the number of visitors you are getting from social media channels?
- Social media post clicks – Is the messaging of your social media posts achieving the desired results?
- Social media traffic bounce rate – How good is the quality of the traffic from social media?
If you want to track your web traffic, one of the easiest ways to do it is by using Google Analytics. Google Analytics is an extremely useful and helpful tool that provides you with information about your blog traffic or website from various sources including social media.
2. Enhance Brand Awareness
Statistics reveal that brand awareness is the foremost reason why marketers use social media. The logic behind this is that on average a person spends approximately two hours on social media every day and that being the case, social media is one of the best means of capturing consumers’ interest.
Moreover, social media allows marketers to have an increased quantitative understanding of their brand’s reach online. Currently, almost all social media platforms provide data that enables you to make an accurate report of your online presence. The following are some of the metrics by which brand awareness can be measured:
- How many people do you have the potential to reach?
- What is the reach of your social media posts? How many people are you able to reach in a day/week/month?
- What is the number of people talking about or sharing your social media posts?
Besides social media platforms that provide native analytics, there are management tools like Buffer Analyze or SocialPilot that can help you estimate the growth of your followers and your reach on various platforms.
3. Revenue Growth
Social media can be used to turn your audience into paying customers directly. Like in the case of Facebook ads, which are becoming an increasingly sought-after way to boost sales. The following are some pointers to measure revenue growth:
- Ad revenues – What amount of revenue are you obtaining from social media advertising?
- Revenue/Signups – What is the number of sign-ups or how much revenue are your social media channels bringing in?
Google Analytics can help you track revenue by creating a new goal conversion. In case you are using Facebook ads, conversion tracking can be set up with the Facebook Pixel and values can be attributed to the conversions. Google Analytics e-commerce tracking might be more appropriate for e-commerce.
4. Lead Generation
To quote HubSpot, Lead Generation is “a way of warming up potential customers to your business and getting them on the path to eventually buying.” Because of its wide outreach, social media can be an extremely useful tool for getting people to warm up to your business. Broadly speaking, a lead means that your company has some form of information about the person concerned such as his/her name, email address, etc. Some of the more common metrics to track your social media leads in order to quantify them are:
- Participation – This relates to the number of people who participated in your social media contest or events and shared information with you.
- Collection of Personal Information through Social Media – The reference here is to the number of leads. (Usually email addresses collected through social media.)
- Downloading of Gated Content – The number of people from social media who visited and downloaded your gated content.
- Conversions of Leads from Social Media – This refers to the effectiveness of the leads from social media.
- Clicks on Lead Generation Social Media Posts – The efficacy of messaging on these posts.
Social media lead generation can be effectively tracked using Google Analytics, which is an extremely powerful tool. The process is quite simple. First, set up a conversion goal. Then, to view reports, go to Acquisition, followed by Social, followed by Conversions within Google Analytics. Then select the conversion goal you intend to measure. You will then see leads being brought in by social media channels or the channel which is bringing in the most leads. KISSmetrics or Mixpanel are also analytics tools that can give you the similar and probably more detailed information.
5. Create a Community-Centric Business
One of the best ways to ensure the growth of your business is by creating and nurturing a community around it. What we mean when we say “community” is not just your larger customer base or general clientele, it is a group or community that can resonate with your vision and your brand’s spirit as well as your ultimate goal. As a business, you should strive to forge a genuine connection with such communities that can take your business to greater heights and give it the support it needs. Some of the ways in which you can create such communities and track their growth are by asking yourself these questions about the communities you have on various social media and other interactive platforms:
- In the case of Twitter, “What is the number of people who are engaging with my Twitter chats, and how involved and invested are they in the interaction?”
- For those of you with Slack Communities, ask yourself what the number of people who actively participate in the community is and what is the extent of their active participation and involvement.
- In the case of Facebook Groups, you must endeavor to determine the extent of your community’s involvement with your brand by keeping track of how much they engage with your content via comments, posts, and likes.
Apart from this, there are, of course, a number of tools that you can make use of in order to keep track of your growth and analyze data pertaining to it. For instance, you could use Hashtracking and Keyhole for tracking your growth on Twitter. Similarly, you have the option of making use of amazing tools like Community Analytics and Grytics to track your growth and engagement on Facebook.
6. Make Sure You Listen to Your Customers to Ensure the Growth of Your Business
In this day and age, the virtual world or global village that we live in has made it possible and convenient for customers to share their thoughts and feedback with businesses with great ease, and almost instantly at that. This is why it is crucial that you respond to this feedback promptly so that the customer knows and is reassured that yours is a business that listens to its people and cares about what they have to say.
In fact, this feedback is truly crucial to the growth, development, and success of your business as it will help you keep a finger on the pulse of the market and your target audience. It can also be instrumental in helping you improve your products and services to make sure they are better received by the masses.
Listening to clients is about connecting with them. It involves paying close attention to their needs and comprehending how you can help them achieve their goals. Listening to their feedback is the best way to keep pace with customer demand and fulfil short-term and long-term expectations. Listening to customers isn’t just a way to advance customer satisfaction. It is also a tool you can use to cross sell and upsell to customers. Whenever you actively listen to another person, the conversation automatically becomes personal. You become invested in the dialogue and the role you are playing in the experience. When customer service representatives get invested in a conversation, they are more likely to go above and beyond for their customers. That’s because they’ve connected with the customers’ needs and are committed to delivering a delightful service experience. The goal of customer service is to make people more comfortable with your business. This is an opportunity for customer service to align with marketing. Have service managers assess your customer personas and identify the channels that your customers use most.
7. Focus on Providing Exceptional Social and Customer Service
Never forget that a business that makes its people a priority is a business that people will always put first. In order to do that, it is important that you build a business that prioritizes providing its customers with the best possible social and customer service you can. It will not only help you boost your business’s popularity and customer satisfaction levels, but it will also reinforce your brand’s credibility and help generate greater revenue.
Does the prospect of managing your small business’ social media feel daunting and overwhelming right now? Don’t fret, Socinova is here for you! Socinova is a social media management company that specializes start-up and small busines social media marketing.
Today, the world is smaller than ever thanks to social media, which is why it is the most pragmatic, effective, and economically feasible means of advertising and promoting your business as well as getting the word of your brand out there. However, that being said, we also realize that social media is tricky to manage as it can be a boon or a bane because once something is out there, it will remain there till posterity. This is why it is imperative that great care is taken when posting anything on social media, but that is not an easy feat to accomplish on top of running a business. That’s where we can help.
At Socinova, our consistency is not just limited to our continuing success and quality of performance year after year, it also extends to the affordability and reasonableness of our price points. Furthermore, the whole foundation of our enterprise is honesty and transparency. You get exactly what you see and pay for. We will do our best to be the social media management company that your company, brand, or business needs us to be, but in the event that there is a mismatch in our visions or expectations, we will not hesitate to be upfront with you.
We will never make you any empty promises or give you false assurances. If we give you our word, you can rest assured that we will deliver on our promise. After all, your trust means the world to us. So, get in touch with us today and bid goodbye to all your social media management woes!