Creating blog posts for your website is a great opportunity to be creative and have a little fun with your content. But after a while, you may start to find it more difficult to come up with fresh and exciting topics. You’ll need to be consistent and post on a regular basis if you want your blog to gain traction in the community, and to do so you’ll need content. That’s why it’s super important to know how to come up with new ideas.
If you’ve hit a spot of writer’s block, it’s time to kick-start your creativity and discover how to come up with some awesome new topics to blog about.
Read all the hottest blogs in your industry – but don’t copy them!
- Check out the best blogs in your industry and see what they’re posting about. Don’t copy their content, but feel free to use similar topics and put your own spin on them.
- Carry a notebook (or note-taking app on your phone) at all times.
- Always aim to note down an idea as soon as you have it. That way, you’ll have plenty to refer back to when you’re lacking inspiration.
- Talk to your audience. What do they want?
- Don’t be afraid to ask ‘what would you like to see?’ on social media. Your audience will be happy to respond and give you ideas of their own.
- Research the most relative keywords.
- Research some keywords that are relevant to your industry. Then, use them to inspire your ideas, as well as providing relevant, SEO optimized headers.
- Log in to social media and see what’s happening within the online community.
- By taking a look at what people are responding well to on social media, you’ll be able to use some of those ideas and topics in your own posts.
- Take a risk – do something ‘out there’.
If you’re running out of ideas, it might be time to think outside the box. Consider what your audience would least expect – then do it!
Don’t forget to read the comments on your existing posts.
People often leave comments to tell bloggers what they’d like to see. Keep checking to see what’s been requested!
Tell your own stories.
Has anything happened in your professional (or even personal) life that’s relevant to your brand’s story? If so, go ahead and tell it. It’ll encourage your audience to see you in a more ‘human’ way.
Re-use your ideas from new, intriguing angles.
Take a look at some of your old blog posts. Are any of those ideas still relevant today? Post about them again, perhaps from a new angle or written in a new format with new, updated information.
When using the tips above combined with your own creative and hard working imagination, you’ll be able to create a wealth of great content to be featured on your blog in the days and weeks to come.
What are your top tips for creating new and exciting content? We’d love to hear all your tips in the comments section below!