You’re probably already familiar with Facebook ads, but what about Facebook Messenger Ads? That’s right – you can now advertise within Facebook’s chat feature too.
If you’re looking for a new way to engage your demographic and reach out to prospective customers, an ad that works with Facebook Messenger is a great way to offer them a dedicated experience that could help to convert prospects into buyers.
Firstly – what is a Facebook Messenger Ad?
A Facebook Messenger Ad is a type of Facebook ad that appears in the newsfeed. What makes it different is that it includes a call to action button that encourages the user to send a message to the business or page. When the user clicks the link within the ad, a chat will be initiated in Facebook Messenger.
These ads can be targeted to a specific audience – perhaps people who visited your sales tab but didn’t make a purchase, as it’s possible they have more questions they’d like you to answer before they buy.
Sounds good – how do I create one?
Ready to get started? Here’s how:
- The first step in creating a Facebook Messenger Ad is to create a custom audience. This allows you to control who you want to see your ad. The reasoning behind your decision is up to you, and will, of course, depend on how users within your demographic are currently interacting with you online.
- To create your custom audience, head on over to ‘Ads Manager’, select ‘All Tools’ and click ‘Audiences’.
- From here, select ‘Custom Audience’, where you’ll be prompted to create a list or upload a file. This will be your audience.
- Once your custom audience has been created, it’s time to set up your Facebook Messenger Ad. Visit the ‘Power Editor’ and select ‘Create Campaign’. You’ll then be able to select the Traffic objective of your campaign, as well as give it a name. Make sure you’ve selected the ‘Website or Messenger’ traffic option.
- Next, you can enter your budget and confirm your chosen audience – which will be the one you created above.
After creating the campaign, it’s time to create the actual ad.
- Once again, visit ‘Power Editor’, but this time select the ‘Create Ad’ section. Here, you can select an image or video to represent your ad – or multiple ones if you’d like them to appear in a carousel style.
- In the ‘Destination’ section, you will be able to add a message to go alongside your ad. This is what will be displayed automatically when the user clicks the link, and the message is initiated.
- After picking your image and text, you’ll be able to review your ad. If you like the way it looks, go ahead and press ‘Place Order’.
Once your ad has been created and published, you can expect to receive messages from prospective customers in the very near future. This is your opportunity to convert them as you answer their queries and build a rapport. If it goes well, you’re likely to see some new happy customers thank to your awesome approach.
Have you had a chance to test out Facebook Messenger Ads yet? Will you be doing so in the future? We’d love to hear what you think, so tell us in the comments!