Instagram is one of the most famous social media platforms with the most number of active users, approximately 2.35 billion active users every month.
Instagram is always in the news for continuously updating its interface & launching new features that make the app user-friendly as well as an ideal platform for social engagements.
Recently, Instagram launched a new feature called Instagram Broadcast Channels.
This feature was launched with the objective that Instagram creators should be able to deepen their connection with their followers & interact with them more seamlessly.
Let’s dive deeper and explore how you can use Instagram Broadcast Channels to connect with your fans!
What are Instagram Broadcast Channels?
Instagram Broadcast Channels is a feature that allows the Instagram creator to create a messaging tool that allows them to send one message to many followers in one single click.
The Instagram channel created by the Instagram creator can be directly accessed by the member of the channel through Instagram Direct Messages.
Only the creator can post messages, share sneak peeks, ask questions or opinions via polls, or can share candid moments.
Image Credit: https://www.instagram.com/focusedindian/
How to create an Instagram Broadcast Channel?
To create a channel, go to your direct message inbox in the Instagram app, and click on the icon in the top right corner to write a new message.
Then you should see the option to create a new broadcast channel.
The broadcast audience can be set for only followers or paid subscribers. The members added in the channel can only react to the messages posted by the creator.
How to Join an Insatgram Broadcast Channel?
You need to find Instagram channels first. To see all the available Instagram channels that you can join, go to your direct message inbox in the Instagram app and use the search bar. Instagram will show you results based on the keyword entered or your interest.
If the account owner has enabled it, you could also see channels listed on account profiles below the bio.
- Broadcast channels enable creators to connect with their followers on a large scale, providing a public, one-to-many messaging platform.
- Through broadcast channels, creators can share text, photos, videos, voice notes, and polls to keep their followers informed about the latest updates and offer glimpses behind the scenes.
- Followers have the ability to react to the content and engage in polls, with additional features planned for the future.
Alongside the worldwide release, Instagram has unveiled a set of experimental features, which include:
- Question prompts to gather feedback and facilitate AMA (Ask Me Anything) content
- A dedicated tab within the inbox to enhance the accessibility and enable the discovery of both joined and new channels
- Collaborators feature that allows creators to invite guests onto their broadcast channels
- Introduction of expiration dates and times for broadcasts
- Integration of content moderators to assist in managing channel members and content
- Capability to share preview links with followers to encourage their participation in a channel
What about privacy & safety?
Instagram Broadcast Channels are subject to Instagram’s Community Guidelines.
Users or the audience of a particular channel can report a specific message or the channel itself & will be removed if found to violate the policies of Instagram. The members added to the channel won’t be able to see the other members or their profile names.
Instagram Broadcast Channels are public & can be searched or discovered by any Instagram user, so they are treated differently than direct messages on Instagram.
Meta said that they have only introduced this feature on Instagram but have future plans to introduce it to Messenger & Facebook.
This feature can be the first step towards creating a virtual community experience for the fans. This feature can further be evolved into an immersive experience & knowing Meta, they already may have planned it!
This blog is written by Pranit Kamble from the Socinova Team. Images have copyrights of the respective owners.